Welcome To Pilgrims and Pioneers!

After many years of researching my family geneaology I have been lucky enough to discover actual information about my relatives that lived in the Pilgrim Era and the Pioneer Era- while many people also have realtives from those eras- many do not know their names or where they lived- actually seeing the proof in print makes you much more aware of who they really were.
After discovering these relatives it of course made me curious to learn more about the eras that they lived in and what their lives were like as, the history I learned in grade school had long since been forgotten.
I decided to start this blog for others who are also interested in these eras.
Some of the information here will be actual facts about my realtives and some will be information about the eras in general that I have found on the web.
I hope you will enjoy traveling back in time with me!

Friday, May 23, 2008

" Herman"Herman Bread recipe

Herman BreadIngredients1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast1 cup lukewarm water1 cup sourdough starter3 tablespoons vegetable oil3 cups all-purpose flour1 tablespoon saltDirections1 In a small mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand untilcreamy, about 10 minutes.2 In a large mixing bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the HermanStarter, oil, 2 cups flour and salt; mix well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2cup at a time, stirring after each addition. When the dough has pulledtogether, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smoothand elastic, about 8 minutes. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough inthe bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise ina warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.3 Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Deflate the dough and turn it outonto a lightly floured surface and form into a loaf. Place into the preparedpan. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).4 Bake inthe preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top of theloaf is golden brown and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I likе the νaluable info уou ρгovide
on уour artіcles. I'll bookmаrκ your blog and сheck
once mοre right herе frequently. I'm quite suгe
Ι will learn lots of new ѕtuff гight here!
Good luck for the next!

Feeel frеe tο visit my web-site :: kuchnia kaflowa

Prairie Wild Morning Glory

Prairie  Wild Morning Glory

Prairie Phlox

Prairie Phlox

Prairie Sundrops

Prairie Sundrops

The Famous Rock!

The Famous Rock!
Plymouth Rock dated 1620

Plimoth Plantation

Plimoth Plantation
The Village

Plimoth Plantation

Plimoth Plantation
A Keeping Room